Making it Easy to Maintain Adult Preventive Health
The team at Kona Family Health Center is proud to offer a variety of medical services to help support the health and well-being of adults. We’ve designed our adult preventive health programs to be convenient and easy for Kona residents to help prevent disease, illness or injury – and successfully maintain a healthy adult lifestyle through the proactive prevention of illness.
Many illnesses, diseases and injuries can be prevented through vaccination, early detection and other measures. Even though our busy lifestyles often make it difficult to carve out time for all the things we know we should do to keep our bodies healthy, our experienced team of preventive health professionals is here to help.
Following are our suggestions for preventive health care services for adults:
Annual Physical Examination
- Obtain and/or update health history
- Complete age-appropriate physical examination including vital signs and height and weight measurements
- Conduct preventive screenings
- Update immunizations
- Update your list of symptoms and treatments
- Influenza vaccination – recommended annually
- Td (tetanus/diphtheria) or Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) booster – every 10 years
- Pneumococcal vaccination – at age 65 if not done previously.
- Hepatitis A/B
Breast Cancer Screening
- A screening mammography every two years for women ages 50-74
Cervical Cancer Screening
- A Pap smear every three years for all women ages 21-29
- A Pap smear with HPV screening every five years for women ages 30-64
Cholesterol and Lipid Screening
- A lipid profile (total cholesterol, HDL, and LDL) every five years for all men ages 35-75.
- Men and women with risk factors or history of coronary artery disease including hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and tobacco use should be screened
Colon Cancer Screening
- A colon cancer screening test for men and women ages 50-75